Date: Friday, July 13, 2018
District: 05 – Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties
Contact: Grant Leonard, (TAMC)
Phone: (831) 775-0903
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TAMC CONE ZONE REPORT
ROAD AND LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR JULY 15 – JULY 21
MONTEREY COUNTY – Here are the major scheduled road and lane closures for Monterey County from Sunday, July 15 through Saturday, July 21 – newest information is in red. Please keep in mind that construction work is weather-dependent.
Highway 1 Storm Repair Along the Big Sur Coast
Due to past slides, State Route 1 is now closed at the Ranger Station North Ragged Point Inn and at Mud Creek.
Highway 1 is planned to be opened on Friday, July 20.
Highway 1 – Big Sur Coast: July 16 – 20
Night time pavement repair at multiple locations on Highway 1 along the Big Sur Coast. Work hours will be from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. The locations are:
- Garrapata Creek Bridge
- Willow Creek Bridge
- Limekiln Creek Bridge
- Vincente Creek Bridge
- Big Creek Bridge
- Bixby Creek Bridge
Caltrans will perform highway polyester concrete paving on both directions of State Route 1 at Bixby Creek Bridge in Big Sur for two overnights on Tuesday, July 17th and Wednesday, July 18th.
Motorists driving vehicles less than 25 ft. in length will experience up to 15-minutes delays. Motorists driving vehicles over 25 ft. in length can experience delays of up to two hours.
Highway 1 Climbing Lane Project: July 15 – July 20
Work crews will have regular daytime work hours Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
New this week:
Sunday, July 15th:
- Highway 1 detour between Carmel Valley Road and Rio Road onto Carmel Rancho Boulevard from 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. A detour map is available online.
- All K-rails from Rio Road will be removed
- K-rails on Highway 1 will be adjusted so that the traffic flow moves to the northbound side
- Crews will be sweeping/striping both Rio Road and Highway 1
Monday, July 16th:
- Rio Road will be open to traffic beginning at 6:00 a.m.
- Highway 1 traffic will be moved to the northbound side of the roadway.
- Thanks to this traffic flow change, northbound drivers on Highway 1 will have easy right turn access to the Crossroads.
- Newly placed signal on Rio Road may need timing adjustments. Caltrans will be onsite to monitor.
- Work begins on the southbound side of Highway 1, excavating and grading through August 3rd .
Drivers wishing to avoid the intersection may detour to Carmel Valley Road and Carmel Rancho Boulevard. All business and shopping centers remain open during construction.
Sign up to receive text message alerts by texting Climbinglane to 888777.
Highway 68 – Pacific Grove to Monterey: July 16 – 20
Nighttime road work along Highway 68 between Piedmont Avenue and Highway 1 will result in lane closures and delays 8:00 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Highway 68 – Monterey to Laguna Seca: July 15 – July 20
Night time tree removal and pavement grinding along eastbound Highway 68 between Highway 1 and Laguna Seca will result a lane closure and delays 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Highway 101 – Soledad to Prunedale: July 15 – July 20
Nighttime striping operations will result in one lane closure on southbound Highway 101 between Soledad and Prunedale from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Highway 101 – Salinas to Prunedale: July 17 – July 19
Daytime sweeping will result in a moving lane closure on Highway 101 between Sala Road and Highway 156 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.