Date: Friday, April 21, 2017
District: 05 – Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties
Contact: Grant Leonard (TAMC)
Phone: (831) 775-4402
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TAMC CONE ZONE REPORT
ROAD AND LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 23 – APRIL 29
MONTEREY COUNTY – Here are the major scheduled road and lane closures for Monterey County from Sunday, April 23 through Saturday, April 29 – newest information is in red. Please keep in mind that construction work is weather-dependent.
Highway 1 Storm Repair Along the Big Sur Coast
Due to multiple active slides and bridge replacement, State Route 1 is now closed between Ragged Pt. (SLO 72.87) and just north of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge.
Holman Highway 68 Roundabout: April 23 – April 28
- Daytime roadwork will continue behind the concrete barriers.
- Nighttime closures and detours: Sunday, April 23 (8 p.m. – 6 a.m.)
- The southbound Highway 1 on-ramp will be closed between Highway 68 and the Pebble Beach Gate. The Highway 1 Gate entrance to Pebble Beach will be CLOSED; all other gates will be open. The Highway 1 Gate exit from Pebble Beach will be a right turn only. Southbound Highway off-ramp to Holman Highway 68 will be closed.
- For those leaving Pebble Beach wanting to access Highway 68 or northbound Highway 1: Use an alternate gate (recommended); Or – turn right out of the Highway 1 Gate to access southbound Highway 1 and turn around at Carpenter Street or Ocean Avenue.
- Detour signage to use Morse gate for Pebble Beach access will be posted.
- Those exiting southbound Highway 1 to Holman Highway 68: Continue south on Highway 1 and make a U-turn at either Carpenter Road or Ocean Ave. and return to Holman Highway 68 via the northbound Highway 1 off-ramp.
- Those trying to get to Highway 1 south from Holman Highway 68: Take the northbound Highway 1 exit and turn around at Munras Avenue. Large vehicles and trucks will need to turn around at Aguajito Road.
- Sign up to receive text message alerts for the Holman highway 68 Roundabout by texting 68roundabout to 888777.
Highway 68 – Salinas River Bridge: April 24 – April 28
- Daytime bridge and ramp work along Highway 68 between Spreckels Boulevard and Reservation Road from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Daytime closure of the westbound Highway 68 on-ramp at Spreckels Boulevard from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Highway 101 – Greenfield to Gonzales: April 23 – April 28
- Daytime drainage work between Espinosa Road and Arroyo Seca Road.
Highway 101 – Dunbarton Road: April 24-April 26
- The No. 2 (right lane) of northbound US Highway 101 will be closed at Dunbarton Road in the Prunedale area beginning Monday, April 24 through Wednesday, April 26 from 9 am until 2 pm for emergency tree removal.
- Electronic signs will be posted alerting motorists of the closure and the CHP will assist with traffic control.
- A crane will be used to assist with tree removal efforts.
- Motorists can expect delays not to exceed 30 minutes.
City of Marina – Imjin Highway 1 Interchange Work: April 24 — 27
- Work on the northbound off ramp continues, weather permitting.
- The northbound off-ramps at 12th Street will be closed from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. for traffic signal work.
- The southbound off-ramp at 12th Street will be closed from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. for traffic signal work.
- The new traffic signal is scheduled to be activated on the morning of Wednesday, April 26th.
- Bicyclists are to use 9th street to access the Monterey Recreational Trail.