Date: Friday, August 18, 2017
District: 05 – Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties
Contact: Grant Leonard (TAMC)
Phone: (831) 775-4402
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TAMC CONE ZONE REPORT
ROAD AND LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 20 – AUGUST 26
MONTEREY COUNTY – Here are the major scheduled road and lane closures for Monterey County from Sunday, August 20 through Saturday, August 26 – newest information is in red. Please keep in mind that construction work is weather-dependent.
Highway 1 Storm Repair Along the Big Sur Coast
Due to multiple active slides and bridge replacement, State Route 1 is now closed between Salmon Creek (Mon PM 2.25) and Gorda, and at the Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge construction zone. Access between Gorda and Big Sur is via Nacimiento Fergussion Road.
Highway 1 – Big Sur: August 21 – August 25
- Daytime bridge work along Highway 1 at the Little Sur River Bridge from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Highway 1 – Carmel Highlands: August 21 – August 25
- Daytime tree work along Highway 1 between Garrapata State Park and Fern Canyon Road from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Traffic Control with flagging
- Motorists can expect delays of approximately 10 minutes.
Holman Highway 68 Roundabout: August 21 – August 25
- Daytime landscaping and sign installation.
- Occasional shoulder closures and flagging.
Highway 101 – Salinas: August 21 – August 23
- Daytime maintenance work will result in the closure of the northbound Highway 101 off-ramp to Sanborn Road from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Highway 101 – Prunedale: August 21 – August 23
- Daytime k-rail installation along southbound Highway 101 between Blackie Road and Ralph Lane from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Highway 218/Canyon Del Rey: August 21 – August 25
- Daytime vegetation spraying along Canyon Del Rey Boulevard between Highway 1 and Highway 68 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.