First Measure X Project Completed in King City”

KING CITY, Calif. – The Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) completed the first Measure X Project Wednesday, which repaired Haven Drive as well as Vivian and Carlson Streets, taking action to repair damaged and potentially dangerous roads across the county.

“We are so happy! It looks great. Now we can walk without shoes on,” said Lupe Padilla, a resident of the area.

“The rocks were sticking up, coming out of the ground, weren’t even staying on the ground no more,” added Frank Padilla, Lupe’s husband.

The Measure X sales tax was passed in November. 60% of the revenue generated by Measure X goes towards road repairs and maintenance in Monterey County. The other 40 percent will fund regional safety and mobility projects in the area. The tax is expected to generate $20 million annually and $600 million over the course of 30 years.

To view the news story by KION news reporter, Paul Dudley, click onto:http://www.kion546.com/news/first-measure-x-project-completed-in-king-city/602129276