FILING DEADLINE: 12:00 pm, Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) is a countywide transportation-planning agency responsible for developing long range transportation plans, distributing local, state and federal transportation grants and administering various transportation projects and programs. TAMC is a high-energy, service‑oriented agency with a small staff and a 17-member Board of Directors. Employees are encouraged to participate in training programs and develop new skills.
This is a full- time position with good medical and retirement benefits. The Transportation Planner opening will be filled at the appropriate level (assistant planner, planner, associate planner) in the job classification system, based on qualifications.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- An independent thinker who can follow through in timely manner on detailed assignments
- An enthusiastic, positive person who has a pleasant customer service attitude
- A team player that can maintain effective interpersonal relationships with staff and the public
- A good communicator with effective writing and oral presentation skills
- Research, analyze and write transportation planning reports, plans, grant applications, and contracts; analyze and comment on environmental documents, proposed regulations and legislation.
- Manage or assist with projects such as transit funding and unmet needs process, transportation corridor studies, rail program, grant applications and regional transportation plan update.
- Prepare Requests for Proposals, coordinate selection of consultant contracts for various studies and documents, and manage consultant contracts according to state and federal requirements.
- Write reports and make presentations before decision-making bodies and the public.
¨Knowledge of: transportation planning theory, principles, and methods (data collection, statistical analysis, report writing); current trends in transportation planning; federal and state laws and regulations involving transportation programs.
¨ Ability to: plan and implement transportation programs and projects; communicate effectively orally and in writing, including preparing reports, studies, and plans utilizing technical and statistical information; use computer systems and software applications for data analysis, report writing, and oral presentations.
- Experience with website updates and advanced computer applications is a plus.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish with members of the public is not required but desirable.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
To apply for the above position, please submit by the filing deadline a complete application package that includes each of these four items:
- A cover letter,
- a standard Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) Application form,
- a complete response to these Supplemental Questions; and,
- a resume.
Application packages must include all four documents in a single e-mail or a paper submittal. The application form may be obtained from our website: www.tamcmonterey.org. To be eligible for consideration, complete application packages must be received by 12 noon, Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at:
Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC)
Attention: Todd Muck, Deputy Executive Director
55-B Plaza Circle, Salinas, CA 93901
All application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be the most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. An oral and/or written exam may further assess the applicant’s level of required skills and knowledge. If you have questions call (831) 775-0903.