Senior & Disabled Transportation Program
The Senior & Disabled Transportation Services Program is part of the Regional Safety, Mobility and Walkability Measure X Program. The purpose of this program is to increase transportation services for seniors and persons with disabilities to support their ability to live independently in their homes and communities.
Per Measure X policies, this program is intended to fund non-profit transportation services to support seniors and persons with disabilities.
As spelled out in the policies and projects of Measure X, the goals of this program are to:
- Give seniors more transportation options
- Support independent travel by people with disabilities
- Provide safer and more reliable senior transportation services
The intent of this program is to fund projects, programs and operations that meet these goals.
This program funding allocation is $15 million over 30 years, which is approximately $500,000 per year.
Measure X: Senior & Disabled Mobility Grant Program: Applications Closed.
A 3-year cycle of funding will be available, with a call for projects beginning on October 30, 2017 and program applications were due noon PST, December 1, 2017. Approximately $1.5 million will be available for the initial program’s 3-year cycle covering fiscal years 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20.
- Application Only (version 2-11/27/2017 PDF) or Application Only (Microsoft Word version)
- Measure X Senior & Disabled Mobility – Implementation Timeline Sample (Microsoft Excel)
- Measure X Senior & Disabled Mobility – Budget Sample (Microsoft Excel)
- Measure X Senior & Disabled Mobility – Sample Agreement (PDF)
- Alliance on Aging – Senior Transportation Specialist Project (PDF)
- Blind and Visually Impaired Center – Orientation & Mobility Training (PDF)
- ITN Monterey County – Dignified Transportation of Seniors and Visually Impaired Adults (PDF)
- Josephine Kernes Memorial Pool – Kernes Pool Transportation Voucher Program (PDF)
- Veteran’s Transition Center – Mobility Opportunities for Veterans (PDF)
Contact Virginia Murillo at (831)775-4415 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Measure X program.