Bids were due by 12:00 noon pacific time on Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Bid opening was broadcast online live via Skype. Link to the bid opening video: click here (audio starts 2:30 minutes in, at noon)
Protests are due by 12:00 noon pacific time on Friday, March 29, 2019
Non-mandatory pre-bid meeting and site visit: 10:00 a.m. pacific time on Friday, January 4, 2019
Location: on site at the Salinas train station, First Mayors House (Historic Harvey House), Cook House (20 Station Pl, Salinas, CA 93901)
Questions due by 12:00 noon pacific time on Monday, March 4, 2019.
In general, the work includes Demolition, Grading, Drainage, Paving, Curbs, Sidewalks, Retaining Wall, Lighting, Traffic Signal Modification, Water Line Relocations, Signing, Striping, Planting, Irrigation, Station Furnishings.
To review the Bid Book and initiate the electronic bidding process, click here. This link will take you directly to the solicitation, once you create an account. It is free to view the bid book and list of plan holders. All vendors who intend to submit a bid will be required to install the Info Tech Express Sign Tool and generate an Info Tech Digital ID for your authorized signer, which could take as long as seven business days (although typically only one or two), so please plan accordingly. Click here for the Bid Express Quick Start guide. If you need Bid Express assistance, please call the dedicated Bid Express customer support team at 888-352-BIDX (2439) for live support on business days from 7am – 8pm (EDT). You can also email the team at email@example.com or refer to the Vendor Resource page located here.
Bid Forms, Contract Documents and Addenda, if issued, will be available from the electronic bidding system.
Paper bids will not be accepted.
Electronic bids and all bidder inquiries must be submitted through the electronic bidding system.
A Bid Bond in the amount of 10% of the total bid is required. Bidders may use an Electronic Bid Bond or submit a paper bid bond to TAMC by the bid deadline. To submit Bid Bonds electronically, please ensure your company and your bonding agent’s company register with one of the following Bid Bond agencies affiliated with Bid Express:
The contractor must possess a Class “A” General Engineering Contractor’s License.
Salinas Train Station Package 1 Plans and Specifications:
- TAMC Package 1 IFB Plans sheets 1-59 (34MB)
- TAMC Package 1 IFB Plans sheets 60-120 (40MB)
- TAMC Package 1 IFB Special Provisions (3MB)
- Salinas Commuter Rail Station Package 1, Contract No. 6803.4.SAL.21 Addendum No. 1 (2MB)
- Salinas Commuter Rail Station Package 1, Contract No. 6803.4.SAL.21 Addendum No. 2 (10MB)
- Salinas Commuter Rail Station Package 1, Contract No. 6803.4.SAL.21 Addendum No. 3 (8 MB)
- Salinas Commuter Rail Station Package 1, Contract No. 6803.4.SAL.21 Addendum No. 4 (4 MB)
- Salinas Commuter Rail Station Package 1, Contract No. 6803.4.SAL.21 Addendum No. 5 (100 KB)
- Tolar Bus Shelter Drawing No. 14390-00 dated July 6, 2011
- Caltrans Encroachment Permit No. 0518 NMC 0630 (24MB)
- PG&E Electric Relocation Plan (PG&E PM 31287285)
- PG&E Gas Relocation Plan (PG&E PM 31297443)
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment (65MB)
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP, 28MB)
- SWPPP Contract Specific Information Template
- Technical Memorandum, Geotechnical Investigation for Salinas Train Station
- Technical Memorandum, Geotechnical Recommendations for Retaining Wall at Salinas Train Station
- Technical Memorandum, Site Investigation Results
California Environmental Quality Act Documents:
- Draft Environmental Impact Report, Vol One (24MB)
- Draft Environmental Impact Report Appendices, Vol Two (2MB)
- Final Environmental Impact Report Vol Three (5MB)
TAMC Board approval: staff report here