Date: Friday, September 20, 2019
District: 05 – Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties
Contact: Theresa Wright, (TAMC)
Phone: (831) 775-0903
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TAMC CONE ZONE REPORT
ROAD AND LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR Sept. 22 – Sept. 28
MONTEREY COUNTY – Here are the major scheduled road and lane closures for Monterey County from Sunday, September 22 through Saturday, September 28 – newest information is in red. Please keep in mind that construction work is weather-dependent.
Highway 1: Bixby Creek Bridge – Hurricane Point: Sept. 23 – Sept. 27
One – way traffic controls will be in place on northbound and southbound Highway 1 between Bixby Creek Bridge and Hurricane Point for slope repair work along the highway from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Highway 1: Salmon Creek Arch Culvert: September 24
One – way traffic controls will be in place on northbound and southbound Highway 1 at the Salmon Creek Arch Culvert for utility work along the highway from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Highway 1: Santa Cruz County – Monterey County: September 24
The Arthritis Foundation’s California Coast Classic Bicycle Tour will move through Santa Cruz County and Monterey County on their way to Santa Barbara County on the following dates and locations:
- Sunday, Sept. 22: The cyclists will leave Santa Cruz and use portions of Highway 1 before arriving at the Veterans Memorial Campground in Monterey County.
- Monday, Sept. 23: The cyclists will use State Route 1 from Monterey to Big Sur in Monterey County.
- Tuesday, Sept. 24: The cyclists will use Highway 1 from Big Sur to Cambria Highway in San Luis Obispo County.
Law enforcement will be located along the route to ensure the safety of motorists, participants and pedestrians. Motorists are advised to ‘Share the Road’.
Highway 68: Pacific Grove – Monterey: Now – December
Intermittent lane & shoulder closures will occur in the evenings along Highway 68 from west of Bishop Avenue to just east of the Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (CHOMP) for road work to widen shoulders, refresh striping, improve signage, upgrade guardrail, place a safety edge with shoulder backing, and install rumble strips.
The closures will occur, Sunday through Friday from 9 pm to 6 am, with advanced notification as the project progresses. Electronic message signs will be posted to alert motorists of this roadwork. Delays are expected to be minimal.
Highway 101: East Market Street, Salinas: Now – September 30
A major four-mile project to upgrade the pavement in both directions of U.S. Highway 101 between East Market Street and Boronda Road continues with the second phase of ramp reconstruction.
Motorists will encounter 24/7 ramp closures in the following locations:
- The northbound US 101 off-ramp to East Market Street will be closed through Monday, September 30. Motorists may detour by using North Main Street to East Market Street.
- The northbound US 101 on-ramp at East Market Street will be closed through Monday, September 30. Motorists may use East Market Street to North Madeira Avenue to the northbound US 101 on-ramp.
- The southbound US 101 off-ramp at North Main Street will be closed until Tuesday, September 24. Motorists may detour by exiting at Laurel Drive proceeding east to North Main Street.
- The southbound US 101 on-ramp at North Main Street will be closed through Friday, October 4. Motorists may detour by proceeding on North Main Street to East Market St to the southbound US 101 on-ramp.
Highway 101: Alta Street/Old Stage Road – Little Bear Creek Bridge, Salinas: Sept. 22 – 27
Nighttime lane closures will occur along northbound and southbound Highway 101, between Alta Street/Old Stage Road and Little Bear Creek Bridge in Salinas for paving work on the roadway and ramps from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Highway 101: Camp Roberts: Now – October 11
One long-term on-ramp closure will occur along southbound Highway 101 at Camp Roberts for paving work from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Highway 101: San Ardo – San Lucas: Now – December 31
One long-term lane closure will occur along northbound and southbound Highway 101 between the Paris Valley Road overcrossing and the Rancho undercrossing for grinding and paving work.
Highway 101: Wild Horse – First Street, King City: Now – January 2020
One long-term lane closure will occur along northbound and southbound Highway 101 between Wild Horse Road and First Street for roadway excavation work from 5 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Highway 101: Highway 183 (Main Street) Salinas: Now – September 24
There will be a long-term nighttime closure of the on/off ramps at southbound Highway 101 and northbound Highway 183 (North Main Street) in Salinas for paving work from 7 p.m. to 12 p.m.
# # #