County Supervisors Approve Transportation Ballot Meassure Request

County Supes Approve Transportation Ballot Measure Request
The Monterey County Board of Supervisors unanimously voted to greenlight the Transportation Agency for Monterey County’s (TAMC) request to seek a sales tax measure on the November ballot.

The measure is expected to generate an estimated $20 million annually for a total of $600 million over 30 years through a retail transactions and use tax of a three-eighths’ of one‑percent (3/8%).

The revenue from the sales tax measure will be used to fund transportation safety and mobility projects in Monterey County. An unprecedented 60% of the revenues will go back to the county and each of the local cities for road maintenance in their communities.  The remaining 40% will be used for regional safety and mobility projects.

To read the full column of the Political Digest in the July 22, 2016 edition of the newspaper, click onto :http://www.thecalifornian.com/story/news/2016/07/22/political-digest-alejo-headed-dnc/87445762/