Senior & Disabled Transportation Program
The Senior & Disabled Transportation Services Program is part of the Regional Safety, Mobility and Walkability Measure X Program. The purpose of this program is to increase transportation services for seniors and persons with disabilities to support their ability to live independently in their homes and communities.
Per Measure X policies, this program is intended to fund non-profit transportation services to support seniors and persons with disabilities.
As spelled out in the policies and projects of Measure X, the goals of this program are to:
- Give seniors more transportation options
- Support independent travel by people with disabilities
- Provide safer and more reliable senior transportation services
The intent of this program is to fund projects, programs, and operations that meet these goals.
This program funding allocation is $15 million over 30 years, which is approximately $500,000 per year.
*Cycle 2 draft program guidelines out for review*
The Transportation Agency is conducting a needs assessment in response to questions about the selection process and scoring criteria for the first grant cycle of the program. The Assessment will:
- Identify existing transportation services for seniors and persons with disabilities,
- Determine gaps in services, potential enhancements, and improved coordination; and
- Identify potential changes to the Program application to better meet the needs of Monterey County’s senior and disabled residents.
On May 22nd, 2019 the Board of Directors released the draft program guidelines and needs assessment for public review to collect input on the process and criteria that the Transportation Agency will use to solicit applications, evaluate proposals, and award grants. The public comment period will close on July 31st, 2019.
- Cycle 2 Measure X Senior & Disabled Transportation – Draft Program Guidelines
- Measure X Senior & Disabled Transportation – Draft Needs Assessment
The draft program guidelines and needs assessment were presented to the Monterey-Salinas Transit Mobility Advisory Committee and the Measure X Citizens Oversight Committee.
- July 16, 2019 – Citizens Oversight Committee – Presentation
- May 29, 2019 – Mobility Advisory Committee – Presentation
Approximately $1.5 million were made available for the program’s initial 3-year cycle covering fiscal years 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20.
2018 Annual Reports:
- Veterans Transition Center
- Blind & Visually Impaired Center
- Kernes Memorial Pool
- Alliance on Aging
- ITN Monterey County
- Alliance on Aging – Senior Transportation Specialist Project (PDF)
- Blind and Visually Impaired Center – Orientation & Mobility Training (PDF)
- ITN Monterey County – Dignified Transportation of Seniors and Visually Impaired Adults (PDF)
- Josephine Kernes Memorial Pool – Kernes Pool Transportation Voucher Program (PDF)
- Veteran’s Transition Center – Mobility Opportunities for Veterans (PDF)
- Measure X: Senior & Disabled Mobility – Final Guidelines (PDF)
- Application Only (version 2-11/27/2017 PDF) or Application Only (Microsoft Word version)
- Measure X Senior & Disabled Mobility – Implementation Timeline Sample (Microsoft Excel)
- Measure X Senior & Disabled Mobility – Budget Sample (Microsoft Excel)
- Measure X Senior & Disabled Mobility – Sample Agreement (PDF)
Contact Stefania Castillo at (831) 775-4412 or email@example.com if you have questions about this Measure X program.