Senior & Disabled Transportation Program
Cycle 2 Call for Applications is Open!
Applications are due
Thursday, January 16, 2020
The final Cycle 2 Program Guidelines were adopted by the TAMC Board of Directors on December 4, 2019. Cycle 2 is expected to include about $1.5 million in Measure X funding for fiscal years 2020/21, 2021/22, and 2022/23. Applications are due via email to Stefania Castillo, Program Coordinator, (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Thursday, January 16, 2020, at 5:00 P.M. PST.
Cycle 2 Application Documents
The Senior & Disabled Transportation Services Program is part of the Regional Safety, Mobility and Walkability Measure X Program. Measure X allocates $15 million over 30 years to this program, which is approximately $500,000 per year.
The Transportation Agency conducted a needs assessment to evaluate the transportation needs of seniors and people with disabilities by regional sub-areas of Monterey County.
Program Purpose & Goals
As spelled out in the Policies & Project Descriptions for the Transportation Safety & Investment Plan:
- The purpose of this program is to increase transportation services for seniors and persons with disabilities to support their ability to live independently in their homes and communities.
- This program will fund non-profit transportation to support seniors and persons with disabilities.
- This program provides the following benefits:
- Give seniors more transportation options.
- Support independent travel by people with disabilities.
- Provide safer and more reliable senior transportation services.
The intent of this program is to fund projects, programs, and operations that meet these goals.
The draft program guidelines and needs assessment were presented to the Monterey-Salinas Transit Mobility Advisory Committee and the Measure X Citizens Oversight Committee.
- October 15, 2019 – Citizens Oversight Committee – Staff Report
- July 16, 2019 – Citizens Oversight Committee – Presentation
- May 29, 2019 – Mobility Advisory Committee – Presentation
Approximately $1.5 million were made available for the program’s initial 3-year cycle covering fiscal years 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20.
2018 Annual Reports:
- Veterans Transition Center
- Blind & Visually Impaired Center
- Kernes Memorial Pool
- Alliance on Aging
- ITN Monterey County
- Alliance on Aging – Senior Transportation Specialist Project (PDF)
- Blind and Visually Impaired Center – Orientation & Mobility Training (PDF)
- ITN Monterey County – Dignified Transportation of Seniors and Visually Impaired Adults (PDF)
- Josephine Kernes Memorial Pool – Kernes Pool Transportation Voucher Program (PDF)
- Veteran’s Transition Center – Mobility Opportunities for Veterans (PDF)
- Measure X: Senior & Disabled Mobility – Final Guidelines (PDF)
- Application Only (version 2-11/27/2017 PDF) or Application Only (Microsoft Word version)
- Measure X Senior & Disabled Mobility – Implementation Timeline Sample (Microsoft Excel)
- Measure X Senior & Disabled Mobility – Budget Sample (Microsoft Excel)
- Measure X Senior & Disabled Mobility – Sample Agreement (PDF)
Contact Stefania Castillo at (831) 775-4412 or email@example.com if you have questions about this Measure X program.