The Transportation Agency for Monterey County initiated the Transportation Excellence Awards program in 2002 to show its appreciation to the local community for its outstanding efforts to improve transportation in Monterey County. The program was modeled after similar transportation awards programs in Santa Cruz County and the San Francisco Bay area. Awards categories include: individuals, businesses/groups, programs, projects and services.
Excellence Awards Recipients
- 2017 Excellence Award Recipients
- 2016 Excellence Awards Recipients
- 2015 Excellence Awards Recipients
- 2014 Excellence Awards Recipients
- 2013 Excellence Awards Recipients
- 2012 Excellence Awards Recipients
- 2011 Excellence Awards Recipients
- 2010 Excellence Awards Recipients
Examples of potential awards are:
- Transportation employees who excel at their jobs and go the extra mile to promote the most efficient use of the transportation system.
- Innovative programs that promote more efficient use of the local transportation network.
- Citizens or organizations that have made significant efforts to inform and educate the public about transportation issues.
- Programs that improve bus transit services and encourage the more efficient use of our regional transportation system by using alternatives to driving alone.
Nomination forms are accepted throughout the year, but an official call for nominations will take place every October. The Transportation Agency for Monterey County Executive Committee makes the awards selections in January, based on those individuals, groups/businesses, or organizations that have made extraordinary contributions to the way people get around in Monterey County. The awards ceremony is usually held at the beginning of the January TAMC Board meeting.
Theresa Wright is the Transportation Agency for Monterey County Transportation Excellence Awards Program contact person. If you have any questions, you can reach her at (831) 775-0903, or via email at: email@example.com