Canyon Del Rey Boulevard (SR 218) Corridor Study
TAMC is leading the Canyon Del Rey Boulevard (State Route 218) Corridor Study in partnership with the cities of Del Rey Oaks, Seaside and Caltrans. The Corridor Study will gather data, conduct a technical traffic forecast analysis, and utilize public input to identify a set of complete streets, stormwater drainage, active transportation, and environmental and wildlife preservation improvements for Canyon Del Rey Blvd from Highway 1 to Highway 68.
Corridor Study Goals
- Make Canyon Del Rey Boulevard for safer for different forms of transportation and for people of all ages and abilities
- Document existing conditions
- Engage local residents and regional partners in the study process
- Recommend complete street improvements including:
- sidewalks, street furniture, lighting and plantings;
- intersection improvements for safe, accessible pedestrian crossings;
- bus transit improvements along the corridor;
- bicycle lanes, paths and/or signage, including connections to existing and planned projects, such as the City of Monterey’s North Fremont Street bike and pedestrian improvements and the planned Fort Ord Regional Trail & Greenway.
- Recommend conceptual designs for drainage and underground utility improvements, including “Green Street” improvements
- Recommend priorities and phasing for implementing improvements
- Identify potential fund sources for implementation
- $150,960 Caltrans Strategic Partnerships Planning grant
- State Rural Planning Assistance funds and local funds totaling $63,811 are budgeted as matching funds
- Total project cost is estimated to be $214,771, including $133,800 cost for the consultant portion of this study
Draft Corridor Study
The draft corridor study will be presented at the following City Council meetings:
- Tues. April 16th – City of Monterey City Council (7pm)
- Tues. April 23rd – City of Del Rey Oaks City Council (6pm)
- Thurs. May 2nd – City of Seaside City Council (7pm)
Contact: Stefania Castillo, project manager, at email@example.com or (831)775-4412 if you have questions or comments.