Rideshare Program (Go831) Coordinator
A position within the Planner series job classification: Entry Level through Associate – $4,442–8,174 per month
FILING DEADLINE: 12:00 pm, Thursday, April 2, 2020
Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) is a countywide transportation-planning agency responsible for developing long range transportation plans, distributing local, state and federal transportation grants and administering various transportation projects and programs. TAMC is a high-energy, serviceoriented agency with a small staff and a 17-member Board of Directors. Employees are encouraged to participate in training programs and develop new skills.
This is a full- time position with excellent medical and retirement benefits. The opening will be filled at the appropriate level within in the Planner series job classification (assistant through associate), based on qualifications.
The Go831 rideshare program promotes congestion reducing travel options and sustainable transportation modes and travel choices region-wide through information services, educational programs, events, and ride-matching assistance. Go831 focuses on transportation demand management education and outreach to major employers and schools.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- An independent thinker who can follow through in timely manner on detailed assignments,
- An enthusiastic, positive person who has a pleasant customer service attitude,
- A good communicator with effective writing and oral presentation skills; and,
- A team player who can maintain effective interpersonal relationships with staff and the public.
- Conduct day-to-day implementation of the Go831 Ridesharing/Trip Reduction program;
- Develop creative marketing and communications materials that support and promote the Go831 program;
- Manage social media accounts and website related to the Go831 program;
- Coordinate campaigns with employers, schools and others to promote smart commuting events such as the annual Bike/Walk Challenge and Smart Commute Challenge;
- Provide technical and programmatic customer support to Go831 members (employers, schools, event coordinators);
- Analyze employee survey data and develop reports;
- Make presentations before decision-making bodies and the public;
- Support TAMC planning staff in development of agency-wide marketing collateral and public outreach materials.
- Thorough knowledge of: marketing strategies; public outreach techniques; effective oral and written communications skills; and collaboration and coordination with other entities.
- Ability to:
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, including preparing reports, studies, and plans utilizing technical and statistical information;
- Use computer systems and software applications to analyze data and design and produce marketing and outreach materials;
- Learn to use software necessary to run the Go831 rideshare matching/trip reduction monitoring program effectively;
- Synthesize, summarize and combine technical and statistical information into reports and outreach documents; and,
- Develop and maintain cooperative work relationships.
- Experience with website updates and advanced computer applications is a plus.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish with members of the public is not required but desirable.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
To apply for the above position, please submit by the filing deadline a complete application package that includes each of these four items:
- A cover letter,
- a standard Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) Application Form,
- a complete response to the Supplemental Questions; and,
- a resume.
Application packages must include all four documents in a single e-mail submittal. The application form may be obtained from our website: www.tamcmonterey.org.
To be eligible for consideration, complete application packages must be received by 12 noon, Thursday, April 2, 2020 at:
Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC)
Rita Goel, Director of Finance & Administration
All application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be the most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. An oral and/or written exam may further assess the applicant’s level of required skills and knowledge.
If you have questions, contact Rita Goel at (831) 775-0903, or email@example.com.