Date: Friday, September 21, 2018
District: 05 – Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties
Contact: Grant Leonard, (TAMC)
Phone: (831) 775-0903
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TAMC CONE ZONE REPORT
ROAD AND LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR SEPT. 23 – SEPT. 29
MONTEREY COUNTY – Here are the major scheduled road and lane closures for Monterey County from Sunday, September 23 through Saturday, September 29 – newest information is in red. Please keep in mind that construction work is weather-dependent.
Highway 1 South Coast: September 24 – September 28
Daytime bridge work along Highway 1 at Vicente Creek Bridge with traffic control from 7:30 a.m. 4 p.m.
Highway 1 Carmel to Sand City: September 23 – September 28
Night time gore paving with intermittent lane and ramp closures at multiple locations along Highway 1 between the hours of 7:30 p.m. and 6 a.m.
The locations are:
- From Carmel Valley Road to Holman Highway 68
- Holman Highway 68 to Aguajito Road
- Sand Dunes Drive
- Highway 1 / Highway 68 Interchange
- Sand Dunes Drive
Highway 1 Climbing Lane Project: September 23 – September 28
There will be both day and nighttime work in the project area. The current schedule is for project completion by September 28th.
Commuters can expect minor alternating lane closures throughout the week for striping and utility work. Project work hours are 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. daytime and 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. nighttime.
Here is what to expect for the week of September 24th:
- Monday: daytime striping at various locations throughout the jobsite.
- Monday: nighttime traffic signal detection installation on Carmel Valley Road and Rio Road.
- Monday through Friday: daytime work to raise utility manholes along Highway 1.
- Monday through Friday: miscellaneous site cleanup and other off-roadway work.
Highway 1 Monterey to Marina: September 22 – September 27
Caltrans crews will have lane closures for three days along Highway 1 in Monterey and Marina for maintenance work starting Saturday, Sept. 22. Details are as follows:
Saturday, Sept. 22
- Closure of northbound Del Monte Off-Ramp in Monterey.
- Tree trimming from 6 am to 1 pm.
- Salinas Tree Crew will be trimming trees and the CHP will assist with traffic control.
Wednesday, Sept. 26
- Closure of southbound #1 (left) lane at Del Monte Ave. in Monterey.
- Guardrail repair from 9 am to 12 noon.
- Monterey Guardrail crew will repair damaged guardrail.
Thursday, Sept. 27
- Closure of northbound #3 (right) lane at Lake Drive in Marina.
- Striping from 9 am to 1 pm.
- Salinas Stencil Crew will be doing the striping and the CHP will assist with traffic control.
Electronic message boards will alert the public of the lane closures.
Motorists can expect delays not to exceed 10 minutes
Highway 68 – Pacific Grove to Monterey: September 23 – September 28
An ongoing safety improvement construction project along east/westbound Highway 68 (Holman Highway) will require night work with traffic control between Piedmont Avenue and Highway 1 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Highway 68 – Monterey to Laguna Seca: September 23 – September 28
Night time median work along Highway 68 between Highway 1 and Laguna Seca will result a lane closure and delays from 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Highway 68 – Monterey: September 24 – September 28
Daytime lane closures on Highway 68 between Spreckles Blvd and Reservation Road for bridge work from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.