The Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC), in partnership with Blue Zones Project Monterey County, and the City of Salinas are challenging at least 1,000 people to ”take a trip to the moon” with them during the 3rd Annual Go831 “Smart Commute to the Moon Challenge” in October. The agencies have partnered together to promote the county-wide challenge aimed at reducing traffic, CO-2 gas emissions and healthier lifestyles by promoting smart alternative commute options such as telecommuting, walking, biking or a combination of a park/walk or bike option to their driving alone to work or college.
From October 1 – October 31, anyone living, attending school and/or working in Monterey County can participate in special events planned during the month and compete to win over $5,000 in prizes which can be won during weekly, individual, team and employer competitions. Each participant who completes and tracks at least two smart alternative commute trips during the month will be automatically entered into a weekly random drawing to win a $200 gift card. Winners of the challenge will be announced in November.
Participating in the “Go831 Commute Challenge” is easy:
- Participants must first register online here. using their work or student email link distributed by their employer or college.
- Next, they can search for smart commute options on the go831.rideamigos.com platform.
- To get credit for their smart commute trips, participants must track them on the go831.rideamigos.com platform or download and use the CommuteTrack app by Rideamigos.
- Participants must sign the Blue Zones Pledge
- Salinas participants are encouraged to download the Salinas Connect App
Go831 is a countywide rideshare program sponsored by the Transportation Agency for Monterey County aimed at reducing traffic and improving air quality and health by encouraging smart commuting instead of driving solo. The program is offered for free to employers and commuters in Monterey County. To learn more about Go831 or how to participate in the program, contact Tracy Burke Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 831.755.775-4404.