TAMC adopted a Monterey Bay Area Rail Network Integration Study. This work is funded by a Transit and Intercity Rail Capital Program (TIRCP) grant. The purpose of this study is to lay the groundwork for implementing the 2018 California State Rail Plan in the Monterey Bay Area by determining the optimal options for: rail connectivity and operations, equipment needs, governance, and community benefits for service between Monterey County and Santa Clara County, Monterey and Santa Cruz, and the Coast Rail Corridor. This study will also assist TAMC by providing the data needed to prepare grant applications for funding new stations at Pajaro/Watsonville, Castroville, Soledad and King City.
A Spanish-language interview about the survey on Radio Bilingue is available here.
- Existing and Future Conditions Memo
- Future Network Service Vision Presentation
- Future Network Service Vision Memo - with Appendices and Rail/Bus Schedules
- Public Sentiment Survey Memo
- Fleet Strategy Memo
- Governance and Operations Models Memo
- Cost Estimate Memo
- Caltrans Ridership Memo
- Funding, Financing & Grants Strategy Memo
- Benefits Assessment Memo
- Draft Network Integration Study
- FINAL Network Integration Study
- Fact Sheet