October 4, 2023
MONTEREY COUNTY – The Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) is accepting nominations for their “22nd Annual Transportation Excellence Awards.” The awards honor individuals, businesses, groups, or programs and projects for their efforts to improve the transportation system in Monterey County.
Examples of potential awards include:
- Projects that exemplify TAMC’s mission to develop and maintain a multimodal transportation system that enhances mobility, safety, access, environmental quality, and economic activities in Monterey County
- Innovative activities that promote safer or more efficient use of the local transportation network.
- Citizens or organizations that have made significant efforts to inform and educate the public about transportation issues.
- Successful efforts to improve transit services and encourage the use of smart commute options as alternatives to driving alone.
- Transportation employees who excel at their jobs and go the extra mile to improve our transportation system.
The one-page nomination form is due by noon, December 1, 2023.
The nomination form is available on the Transportation Agency website at https://www.tamcmonterey.org/transportation-excellence-awards. The form can be submitted online or downloaded from here Transportation Excellence Awards Nomination Form 2023.pdf and sent to the attention of Theresa Wright at 55 B Plaza Circle, Salinas, CA 93901, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award recipients will be honored during the regular January Transportation Agency Board meeting. That meeting will be at 9 a.m., Wednesday, January 24, 2024.
“The Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) is responsible for investing in regional transportation projects for Monterey County residents, businesses and visitors. The mission of TAMC is to develop and maintain a multimodal transportation system that enhances mobility, safety, access, environment quality, and economic activities in Monterey County. For more information visit www.tamcmonterey.org