The Transportation Agency's Safe Routes to School Program received a "shout-out" during today's Clean California Alisal Greening, Beautification, and Safety Project press conference. The program's recognition came during comments made by Lisa Brinton, Assistant Director of Community Development, City of Salinas,
The press conference was held at El Sausal Middle School in Salinas, followed by a short walking tour down a portion of the project corridor along East Alisal Street.
Speakers at the conference included:
- City of Salinas Mayor Kimbley Craig
- Salinas Council Member Tony Barrera
- Salinas Council Member Orlando Osornio
- Director of Cal Trans Tim Gubbins
- Salinas Assistant Director of Community Development Lisa Brinton